Wednesday, December 31, 2008

John's 2008 Bests, very quickly

From John, again:

Best Book I Read That You Didn't Read:
Far and away Oryx and Crake, by Margaret Atwood.
Also Candy Girl, by Diablo Cody (who wrote the Juno screenplay)
and Harry, A History, by Melissa Anelli. (because I mean, come on.)

Best Failure to Apprehend the Other Complexly:
John McCain for cynically thinking that women will vote for women because they are women.

I'm gonna have to agree with that choice.

Best Brotherhood 2.0 spinoff:
Clearly, shortsisters756! :-P

Best New Discovery about Indianapolis:
John and Sarah live there!

Best Part of the 2008 Tour de Nerdfighting:
Seeing how happy John & Hank looked.

Things in 2008 I Am Most Likely to Bore My Future Children About:
1. Taking my show on the road and winning awards against grad students when I was still an undergrad. ^_^ I will never forget how my set looked on that stage.
2. All those frikkin interviews at all those schools. Toughest choice of my LIFE.
3. YouTube, and going from fan to friend. Oh the magic of Internet.



Quick reflection on 2008, before I get in the car to Fort Wayne, IN in five minutes:

This year feels like it was split into two parts: Before YouTube, and After YouTube

BYT: I lived in Kalamazoo, was finishing my BA, was exceedingly happy with every aspect of my life except the roommate situation. I was watching YTers, but not participating.

AYT: I started making video blogs, moved to Boston, started (and subsequently quit) my MFA program, got partnered by YT, and am kinda friends with the people I'd admired.

There's a lot more to it than that, but I have to go!

Oh!

Current books:
-Obama's Challenge, Robert Kuttner
-The Year of Living Biblically, AJ Jacobs

I'll post my thoughts on the last few books I've read sometime later this week!

-Monica

No comments: