Monday, December 01, 2008

Hello, Internet!

I've been thinking about starting a new blog for a while now. For the last several weeks I have been setting goal after goal after goal for myself. This probably stems from the fact that I will soon be abandoning a major goal in my life: to get my MFA in Scenic Design/Scenic Art. At least, I'm putting that particular goal on hold for the moment. It's not a decision I am making happily, but I do think I will be happier for having made it.

However, this does make me feel a teeny bit like a failure, which is probably why I'm setting all sorts of crazy goals for myself. One of them is to start journaling again. One is to read 50 books between Nov. 1st 2008 and Nov. 1st 2009. One is to actually finish all the knitting projects I've started. I want to sketch more, paint more. I want to get a job (preferably at a bookstore.) I want to learn C++ and Illustrator and other codes/programs. I want to spend the next year learning what I need to before applying to film schools. Right now, the goal is USC for Animation/Digital Arts or Film/Production. That may change.

Remus wants petted, and my current book wants read. I'm going to post a survey and then I will attend to the cat and book.

Love,
Monica

No comments: