Saturday, April 18, 2009

That Whole Reading Thing

Yeah, it's not going so well. Unless I reeeally start reading this summer, there's no way I can get my 50 books in. My problem lately is that my attention is so divided -- one night I want to knit, the next I want to read, so I read part of one book, but then I decide I want to read a different book, so I pick up a different book, and then I decide I don't feel like reading that one...

I'm also drawing, making videos, responding to emails, I already mentioned knitting, oh, and I've become completely addicted to Doctor Who (but now I'm caught up and there won't be any new episodes till 2010, so that's over...)

Plus going to class, attempting to complete at least half of the homework for each class, and I enjoy sleeping in...



Basically, I am full of excuses.

I have been reading, just not the same book for any decent period of time. But here are the books that I've started:

-Citizen Girl
-I Was Told There'd Be Cake
-Sex, Drugs, & Cocoa Puffs
-21 Proms
-YouTube Book
-Slaughterhouse Five
-An Arsonist's Guide to Writers' Homes in New England
-The Year of Living Biblically
-Obama's Challenge
-The Astonishing Life of Octavian Nothing
-Paint it Black
-Rant

So you see, it's just a matter of sticking with any one book for more than one night. If I can do that, I may still pwn this challenge. Oh, and there was another book I read that I never wrote a review for... I don't remember what it was. I'll find it eventually, I suppose.

Maybe it was Citizen Girl. Did I finish that? Hm... *wanders away to check for a bookmark* Nope, I still have about 50 pages to go. Drat... what book, what book... OH!!!

No wonder I forgot! The book I read is not on my bookshelf, because the one and only Alan Lastufka lent it to me and I gave it back in the beginning of February.

Someone remind me, and the next time I post, I will write a review of Snuff, by Chuck Palahniuk.

Love
Monica



PS - Things are good. I'm not completely satisfied, but I'm happy. ^_^

No comments: